Enter the bimworld - and enter our comp to win a ticket to BIM Show Live 2017!
Since its inception, bimstore has continued to host the creation of some of the most fun, coolest BIM content available via the bimworld section of the website and we continue to see them pop up all over the place.
Often a project just needs a little bit of fun brought to it by the inclusion of a few well-positioned BIMions but that's not all we have - BIMworld currently includes a Harley-Davidson Fat Boy, Marvin The Paranoid Android, Star Wars X-Wings, Imperial Shuttles and even an AT-AT just to name a few!
With BIM Show Live 2017 fastly approaching, we wanted to give one of our users the opportunity to attend the UK’s best BIM conference for free by winning a ticket in our bimworld competition.
The idea is simple - we want you to let your imagination go, and supply us with a BIM component that is worthy of joining the bimstore bimworld. Do you think you have what it takes?
So, let’s outline some of basic rules and requirements for submission;
- A brief paragraph on the component you have chosen to create and why.
- A BIM Component to be supplied in Autodesk Revit 2014 upwards as a .rfa file (loadable families please)
- Component to include no imported blocks (sorry that’s cheating!)
- The use of additional features, tick boxes, dropdowns etc. is encouraged and may score extra points!
- A simple user guide. If you have included additional features, explain to us what they are and how they are used.
- Images and renders of the component in a scene or in a project may also score you extra points!
- We encourage trying to keep the file size down wherever possible but will not hold it against you if you have some awesome geometry that has pushed this up slightly.
All the above to be supplied in a .zip folder to email@example.com. If you would like to send it to use via a file sharing package please email details to the above also.
This competition will run from Thursday 1st December 2016 until closing on Friday 13th January 2017 (2 weeks prior to BIM Show Live). One winner will be selected and notified on Monday 16th January to allow time to make arrangements to attend BIM Show Live in Newcastle. The winner will also receive the first ever Ermintrude bimworld award and have their component join our bimworld section for download by all! Cool, I know! Additional exemplary submissions may also receive special recognition in our next copy of bimworld magazine and may have their content also added to the bimworld section of our site.
Best of luck and we can’t wait to see what you come up with! As always if you've got any questions drop us a tweet with the hashtag #bimworldcomp